I found myself gaping and blinking at an ad for the recent movie, “Fast and Furious.” Was this a sequel to “The Fast and the Furious” or just some kind of knock off? Do they really think you can make a sequel by just leaving out words? Before I could make a post with clever suggestions for other movies, somebody at NPR beat me to the punch. I can only add these:
- Movie: Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia – a road trip about a dead body
- Sequel: Bring Me Alfredo – a road trip about pasta with white sauce
- Movie: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes – angry vegetables attack humans
- Sequel: Attack Killer Tomatoes – the humans fight back!
- Movie: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford – isn’t the whole plot in the title?
- Sequel: Assassination Ford – like Duel, but with a Focus instead of a truck