The tickets printed by airlines do a poor job of printing names. The TSA wants the name on your ticket to match the name on your ID. Here are some names that won’t match and prevent travelers from missing flights.
- Charles Louis Kallenbach II (suffix)
- Mary-Louise Parker (hyphen)
- Marvin John Henry Rasche (multiple middle names)
- Cheryl Kallenbach (no middle name)
- Bobby Johnson, Jr. (comma before suffix)
- Tiffany O’Brien (apostrophe)
You probably know people who have names like these. It’s unreasonable and foolish for the TSA to make restrictions that would cause the thousands of travelers who have names like these to be unreasonably detained.