Here is a Flickr photostream of signs made by people who work for some small cable news network or other. These people don’t seem to be able to spell very well. The owner of the Flickr stream calls this interesting patois “Teabonics.” I have a couple of theories to explain this peculiar phenomenon.
- When you get really, really angry, you lose the ability to spell.
- In an effort to make their rallies appear “quaint,” the organizers disallow any sign that has proper spelling.
- Fact-checking is not high on the agendas of these people.
- Spelling correctly is socialism. (Excuse me, “SOCILISM.”)
- These people are not very intelligent.
In response to the oft-heard peculiar request to see somebody or other’s birth certificate, I would respond, “May I please see a report card that includes your grades in spelling?”
Remember kids: Blind, ignorant white-hot anger is no excuse for poor attention to details. Bad spelling is only acceptable when the Lolcats do it, because they’re so damned precious.